5 Simple Steps to remove distractions so you can sell your house:
Buyers who are distracted by our everyday normal existence might decide to buy another house that doesn’t confuse them.
1. Closets Step 1: Empty your closets by 1/2. Buyers need to see the space they’re getting in the closets. When your closet is stuffed, most buyers can’t picture the space. Buyers need to see that there’s room for their stuff!
Closets Step 2: Neatly arranged clothes gives the appearance of more room even if the closet is small. Remaining clothes should be arranged neatly on hangers (i.e. shirts with shirts, jackets with jackets.) If you want to go one step further, also arrange by color.
2. We all get entrenched in our homes. Take “your home” out of your house. Store 1/3 to 1/2 of your personal items outside of the house (I don’t mean in the driveway either – lol.) Maybe ask a friend or relative to hold some of your personal items until your house sells.
Pictures: A limited number of personal pictures are fine as long as they’re laid out neatly. If you have too many pictures, the “showing” becomes about you and not about the house you’re trying to sell.
A buyer’s agent can use a limited number of personal wall pictures to help people envision their own pictures on the wall. If the house is a good fit for the buyer, a professional sales person will help the buyer create mental ownership with the use of pictures (different article – lol.)
3. Light sells so let it in! More people are positive about a bright sunny day than a rainy day. Now and then you hear people say it’s beautiful out, but you rarely hear that when it’s raining (even if you personally like a good thunderstorm)! Open the shades and replace burnt out bulbs.
4. Fix the minor stuff yourself or hire someone to do it. People will notice when your faucet leaks. To a buyer, that goes on their mental work to be done list. It’s a small investment to remove a minor distraction.
5. Are you feeling ambitious? How’s about a fresh coat of new paint (notice the emphasis – Fresh and New.) Your house is great, but if another equal house (can even be slightly more $) looks like less work and has a fresh feel to it, guess which house will get the offer?
If you have any questions about this post or marketing strategies, send me an e-mail using my gmail account set-up for this blog as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free to contact me. I’m available to consult with sellers and agents who are in need of advanced marketing strategies. I have interests in Tampa and Sarasota Florida.
#ScottREpFL #realestate #Riverviewfl #brandonfl #north-portfl #portcharlottefl #florida #valricofl #lithiafl #fishhawkfl real-estate-and-marketing.blogspot.com